How to remove phone number from Instagram
Instagram is a social media network that allows you to interact with friends and family. Instagram has a function that allows you to discover people with the use of a phone number or their Instagram usernames, among other things. In this article, we will discuss how to remove phone number from Instagram.
However, you may like to remain anonymous and not want your contacts to be able to identify your Instagram account by searching for your phone number. Your phone number is in someone else's contact book, which means they may quickly locate you on Instagram if they have your number in their contact book.
If a user has your phone number in their contact list, Instagram will also display your profile to them as suggested for you,' which means that it has been recommended to them.
How can you remove your phone number from Instagram, you may be wondering? You may simply delete your phone number from your Instagram account if you want to keep your account hidden from individuals who have your phone number saved in their contact list.
To assist you, we have created a brief guide that you may refer to if you desire to have your phone number removed from our database.
There are 3 Wаys of how to remove phone numbers from Instagram.
Why remove phone number from Instagram?
If you have a public Instagram account and don't want your family members to be able to discover your account by using your phone number, unlinking your phone number is the ideal approach.
It is also recommended that you remove your phone number from your Instagram profile in order to prevent random users from stalking your profile. For example, you may have made a payment for something using Google Pay or Paytm, and someone could use that phone number to search for your Instagram profile.
Method 1: How to remove phone number from Instagram
Before we get into the specifics of how to remove your phone number from your Instagram account, it's important to understand that if you unlink your phone number from your Instagram account, you will no longer be able to discover contacts on Instagram that are in your contact list.
Furthermore, if you ever lose track of your password, you will not be able to restore it by using the phone number you provided. Make certain that you have included an email address in the method before going.
This will ensure that you are not locked out if you forget your password. To unlink your phone number from your Instagram account, follow the steps outlined below:
- Start by opening Instagram on your smartphone and logging in to your account; if you have already signed into your account, proceed to the next step.
- Select the Profile option from the drop-down menu in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Select Edit Profile from the drop-down menu underneath the bio area.
- Scroll down to the Personal Information Settings section of the Edit Profile section.
- If you haven't already, enter your email address in the Personal Information Settings section. After you've entered your email address, choose the cellphone number you want to delete and touch on it.
- To save the changes, select Next from the drop-down menu.
- Last but not least, Instagram will erase your phone number.
Method 2: How to remove phone number from Instagram
If you are using the Instagram platform on your desktop or laptop computer and are unsure of how to delete your phone number from Instagram, you may follow these steps to learn how:
- Open Instagram and sign in.
- Following successful login to your account, locate and click on your profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the Profile section from the drop-down menu that appears now.
- To edit your profile, go to the top of the page and select Edit Profile.
- Scroll down to the phone number box and click on it to remove your phone number from the text box that appears.
- After you've removed the number, click on the Submit button to finish the process.
- When you click on the Submit button, Instagram will remove your phone number from your account's list of connected devices.
Method 3: How to remove phone number from Instagram
You have the option of disabling the synchronization of contacts with your Instagram account at any time. You may use this approach by following the instructions below:
- Launch the Instagram application on your mobile device. Enter your username and password to log into your account. From the bottom-right corner of your screen, tap on the Profile button to access your profile information.
- From the top of the screen, select the three horizontal lines or the Hamburger icon.
- Scroll down and select the Discover People option.
- When a pop-up appears, select the option Not Now. Locate the 'Connect Contacts' option and disable it by clicking on the toggle next to the 'Connect' option.
On the other hand, when you stop synchronizing your contacts on Instagram, the previously synchronized contact information will be removed from Instagram.
As a result of the possibility that your phone number will be used to find out about your profile, we understand that keeping your profile hidden from stalkers can be a challenging task. So these are all about how to remove phone number from Instagram. Please accept our thanks for taking the time to read this article and for completing the process of removing your phone number from Instagram.